Looking for cheap car insurance in Michigan? Look no further. Compare dozens of car insurance companies in Michigan with our car insurance quotes tool above. Have some questions about car insurance laws in Michigan? Or want some tips on how you can save on auto insurance? Take a quick look at our guide below!
How to get the cheapest car insurance in Michigan
If you want to get the cheapest car insurance possible follow the tips below:
- Get multiple quotes. The easiest way to save big on auto insurance is to compare as many companies as possible. How much you pay for company A can be 20-50% cheaper or more expensive. Not comparing as many insurance companies is the biggest reason why most people are overpaying for insurance! Compare, compare and compare! This can’t be said enough. Our quotes tool above makes comparing multiple insurers easy, so there’s no excuse.
- Pay ahead. Most people pay there car insurance monthly, if possible try and pay for the entire year up front. How much you can save by paying a year ahead may be as little as 5% up to %20. This varies greatly depending on the insurance company. This is a super easy way to save some money, for pretty much no work on your end.
- Defensive driving courses. Taking (and passing!) a certified driving course, or as it’s sometimes referred to; safety driving course is an easy way to save big money. The majority of insurance companies will give you a big discount for completing a course. Not all companies give discounts so it’s important to call an agent and ask if and what kind of discount they offer. Some states like NJ force companies to offer a discount. Unfortatently Michigian does not.
- Fix your credit card score. A bad credit score is going to cost you more then you think. Most insurance comapanies use your credit score to help asses your insurance rates. The worse your credit the more you’ll pay.
- Combine your car, life and health insurance. Buying all your insurance from one company is an easy way to save 5-10%. Combing your insurance doesn’t always save money; calling an agent and seeing what they can offer you is the best way to get a better deal.
- Pay a higher deductible. The higher your deductible the less you’ll pay for your monthly preiums. This is an easy way to save money, but make sure to think it over. You could end up having to pay 5,000+ out of pocket in an accident, depending on your coverage. We only recommend taking a higher deductible if you have significant savings you could use in case of an accident.
Best auto insurance in Michigan
Unfortantetly something like the “best” car insurance doesn’t reall exist. The best car insurance for you will be what offers you the coverage you need for the best price. Insurance companies calculate insurance rates differently, which is good news for consumers.
To find the best insurance company in michigan for yourself you need to do two things:
- Decide how much coverage & what type of coverage you want.
- Compare as many insurance companies as possible.
Follow the 2 points above and you should be able to find the “best” auto insurance in Michigan.
Michigan car insurance company reviews
Before you decide to go with the cheapest insurance company there’s one important thing you should do. Check reviews. The state of Michigan keeps the number of complaints people have about each insurance company the operates in Michigan. You can see the full data for 2014 here.
Have a quick look at the data above before you buy insurance. Buying cheap insurance isn’t much help if the company never pays out claimits, or is very slow to do so. Paying a little more for a company with better service may be worth it!
How much is car insurance in Michigan?
It depends on a lot of factors such as:
- Your age
- Driving Record
And much more. How much you pay for car insurance is nearly impossible to estimate. We recommend getting as many quotes as you can to find the best deal.
How much is car insurance for new drivers in Michigan?
See the answer above. As a new driver, especially if you’re a young driver you can expect to pay significantly more.
Which company has the cheapest auto insurance in Michigan?
The best company for you may not be the best company for someone else. Since insurance premiums are calculated differently for different people. We recommend comparing as many companies as possible to get the best deal. Here’s a great article on who has the cheapest auto insurance: http://www.autoinsurancemonkey.com/who-has-the-cheapest-auto-insurance/. Looking for even cheaper insurance? You may want to look into very cheap car insurance no deposit.